Being in New York and exploring the city, we found that most places don’t really start to get busy until around 9 am. You can tell from our photos that there weren’t many people around because we were out and about as early as 8 in the morning. If you want less people in your photos, go as early as you can to these spots. You’ll get the best lighting too!
Some of the most popular instagrammable spots in New York include:
- The Empire State Building — I think this location would be a great spot to go anytime of day. We went a little before lunch. It was pretty crowded but still worth it to me.
- Top of the Rock — Not as crowded as the Empire State Building and it’s a great spot because you can actually see the Empire State Building from this observatory. I would say the earlier the better.
- Manhattan Bridge — You can get a good view of the bridge from Dumbo. Go over to Washington Street and you’ll get the perfect view! Brooklyn Bridge park is a short walk from here and there you’ll also get an amazing view of the city. Just walk around and there are endless photo ops here!
- Brooklyn Bridge — From Dumbo, there are stairs that go right onto the Brooklyn Bridge. It’s perfect because you are able to see the city from here. Go early and there are barely any people on the bridge. We went around 9 am.
- Central Park — There are so many spots in the park to stop for photos. You’ll recognize different spots from some of your favorite movies. We were there very early in the day, but I think it would be much more fun to go here when its busier. But we still got some good photos.
- The Met Steps — If you are a Gossip Girl fan, if you can’t visit any filming locations, you’ve got to at least take a photo on the steps.
- NoMo Soho — If you are into insta-photography, you probably already know about this place. And yes, I do recommend stopping by. It’s one of the cutest places I’ve ever seen!
- Flatiron Building — Another place I would recommend going to earlier in the day. We were here around lunch time and the lighting just wasn’t the best. But it’s still a place I would recommend stopping at for a quick photo. Plus there is a lot of shopping around there and places to eat!
Have fun in New York! And have a blast taking photos!